AREAS of SPECIALIZATION: Education, Recreation, Sacred Spaces, Environmental/Sustainable (LEED) Design, Accessibility Compliance, Interior Design, Project Management, Graphic Design, Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Art & Design, CAD, 3D Modeling & Visualization
SERVICES PROVIDED: SVEDAS Architects Inc. has a well seasoned and experienced core team consisting of architectural, landscape architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, interior design, quantity survey, civil and site servicing engineering disciplines. As well, we provide project management, model and graphic visualization and specification writing services. Of these services, architectural, landscape architectural and interior design disciplines are ‘in house,’ though our successful working relationship with the other service providers has been ongoing for many years.
Primary Architectural Services: including a mix of structural, mechanical, electrical, civil and other engineering services as well as landscape architectural, site planning and interior design. The scope of Architectural services that SAI provides includes, but are not limited to the following:
- Feasibility, SWOT, TIMTOWTDI and Option Analysis studies, Budget evaluation including Life Cycle & Whole Life Building Costs
- SCHEMATIC DESIGN, Client consultation, Site & Interior design concepts, development of design standards and guidelines, estimates of probable costs
- DETAILED DESIGN DEVELOPMENT, building system design with consulting engineers, detailed Quantity Survey and review with client, presentation of Final Design, Permit applications and meeting with jusisdictional authorities
- CONSTRUCTION DOCUMENTS, working drawings and specifications production, owner review and approval of tender documents
- BIDDING, submissions and bid evalution/analysis, award of contract
- CONSTRUCTION, on-site construction review, inspection and administration through to substantial completion and owner occupancy, shop drawing review and contract administration
- ADDITIONAL SERVICES INCLUDED, to act as prime consultant and coordinate all phases of design, and contact with the project coordinator for the full duration of the project(s). To provide key personnel responsible for the project from the initial design stages, through contract administration, on-site inspections and job completion. To co-ordinate work of all sub-consultants. To process Notice of Change/Change Orders, Field Instructions and authorize approval of progress payments to the General Contractor. To provide CAD as-built drawings and all related documentation.
Our philosophy stresses a team approach when employing our highly skilled and experienced consultants for structural, mechanical, electrical, along with our site planning and landscape design abilities. Our team strength is the pre-tender co-ordination, quality of drawings/specifications and the fact that the principals of our consulting firms are all involved with the project from concept to commissioning.
PROJECT MANAGEMENT CAPABILITIES, the key to a successful Project Management team for our clients is to fully understand requirements and the anticipated end result. All project management services required are carried out to the satisfaction of our clients and would include the following activities:
- Coordinate and control all aspects of the construction project.
- Assist preparation of project budgets.
- Manage communications and expectations during project.
- Manage preparation of contract documents.
- Manage cost planning and estimating.
- Contractor pre-qualification and selection.
- Management of construction.
- Project Manager on site as required.
- Management of commissioning/pre-occupation and project close-out.
- Post occupancy reviews and warranty period services.
*Our Management Team brings to your project more than 25 years of construction experience and over 100 years of combined management and project experience!
SVEDAS Architects Inc., provides integrated architectural services and total quality management of your project. Our Clients are a mix of Non-Profit Organizations, Municipal and Provincial Government Agencies, Commercial, Institutional, Recreational and Private Sector.
Creative workable and responsible solutions are established by:
- clarifying issues and opportunities at all stages;
- a progressive and participatory approach;
- analysis of options and alternatives;
- providing Environmentally Conscious Design;
- complete and extensive research.
Specialized services provided to each Client group include:
- feasibility studies, planning and development strategies
- project management
- site analysis, zoning and site approval applications
- design concepts, detailed drawings and specifications
- construction tendering and contract administration
- design build services and construction management
- interior and graphic design
- landscape design
- facility and operational management systems
Svedas Architects Inc. is concerned with your original idea, details of the concept implementation, and understanding the full rationale behind your goals and decisions. Our portfolio of built projects for the past 40 years, provide a tangible expression of our philosophy, values, technical expertise and commitment to quality, operational flexibility, maintainability and management.